Effective on October 4, 2021
Great Ideaz has developed policies and procedures consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), and other relevant privacy laws.
Great Ideaz makes available its website, currently available at greatideaz.com (as such domain may be updated from time-to-time), all related webpages, portals, API integrations, subdomains, widgets, functionality and features, and all associated digital tools services and support services, all Great Ideaz Content, in each case made accessible by Great Ideaz via such website (such website and all portions thereof, the “Website”, and collectively with all such services and Great Ideaz Content, the “Services”). Great Ideaz also makes available for download via its website its trellispark software, including all updates to such software (the “Software”).
Information Great Ideaz Collects
a. Personal Information
Personal Information that Great Ideaz collects includes, but is not limited to:
- Registration information, such as name, e-mail address, and password;
- Billing information, including billing address, billing contact name (if different), billing email address, billing phone number;
- Any other Personal Information that you may provide when you use the Services or Software, or when you contact Great Ideaz with questions and/or inquiries;
- Technical support records;
- Service requests and inquiries; and
- Any information that Great Ideaz collects from you that is intended to improve and personalize Great Ideaz’s
b. Non-Personal Information
Great Ideaz collects non-specific Personal Information (“NPI”) about users when they interact with the Services or Software. For instance, NPI may include, but is not limited to, device information, IP address, geo-location information, browser name, type of computer or device, and technical information about a user’s means of connecting to the Services or using the Software, such as operating system, Internet service provider utilized, and mobile network information. See the section below entitled “How does Great Ideaz collect, use and share NPI?” for more information.
Please note that Personal Information does not include information that is aggregated or anonymized in such a manner that it cannot be connected to you or any other user. Such information by itself or together cannot be tracked to a specific individual’s Personal Information.
How does Great Ideaz use Personal Information?
Great Ideaz collects Personal Information for the following usage purposes:
- to provide Services and/or Software to you;
- to facilitate transactions between you and Great Ideaz;
- to establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with you;
- to communicate with you in order to provide the Services or Software;
- to permit Great Ideaz’s payment provider, currently Stripe, to provide payment services;
- to respond to any correspondence you may direct to Great Ideaz;
- to understand Great Ideaz’s users’ needs and preferences;
- to enforce Great Ideaz’s Terms of Service or any Software License Addenda (“SL”);
- to provide you with Service or administrative messages;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- to prevent, detect and mitigate illegal, fraudulent, or counterfeit activities;
- to improve the Services or Software or other Great Ideaz offerings; and
- for any other reasonable purposes for which you may have provided your express consent or in which your consent can be reasonably implied.
How does Great Ideaz collect, use, and share NPI?
Great Ideaz uses NPI in an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of Great Ideaz’s Services and/or Software, including to provide the Services and/or Software and to improve the content and functionality of the Services.
For instance, Great Ideaz uses NPI to monitor traffic and to collect statistical data.
Specific Uses of NPI by Great Ideaz:
- To monitor traffic, provide the Services and Software, and conduct internal research on Great Ideaz’s users’ to better understand and serve them, including users’ size, usage patterns, demographics, interests, and behaviors.
Specific NPI Collected by Great Ideaz:
- The Services may automatically receive and store certain types of information about users’ use of the Services via web browser, including IP address, browser type, browser version, web pages viewed, date and time, time spent on Services, unique device identifier, and other diagnostic information, as well as how users interact with Great Ideaz.
- When you access the Services with a mobile device, the Services may collect information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique identifies, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, your mobile network, device phone number, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, and other diagnostic information.
- The Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information, and your device’s camera application to assist with real estate listings.
Technology Used to Collect NPI:
- Great Ideaz uses different types of technology to collect this information, such as log files, embedded scripts, cookies, web beacons, and pixel tags.
Great Ideaz may use and store information about your location if you give Great Ideaz permission to do so. Great Ideaz uses this data to provide features of the Service and/or Software, to improve the Service and/or Software and customise the Service and/or Software.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time by way of your device settings.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics by clicking here: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
Great Ideaz respects your privacy and, unless otherwise required by law, Great Ideaz will not collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your prior consent. Your consent may be expressed or implied. You may expressly give your consent in writing, verbally or through any electronic means. In certain circumstances, your consent may be implied by your actions. For example, providing Great Ideaz Personal Information to register for Great Ideaz’s Services or use of the Software is implied consent to use such information to provide you the associated Services or Software.
Where appropriate, Great Ideaz will generally seek consent for the use or disclosure of the information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent with respect to use or disclosure may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when Great Ideaz wants to use information for a purpose other than those identified above). In obtaining consent, Great Ideaz will use reasonable efforts to ensure that a customer is advised of the identified purposes for which Personal Information collected will be used or disclosed.
The form of consent sought by Great Ideaz may vary, depending upon the circumstances and type of information disclosed. In determining the appropriate form of consent, Great Ideaz shall take into account the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the reasonable expectations of Great Ideaz’s users. Great Ideaz will seek express consent when the information is likely to be considered sensitive. Implied consent will generally be appropriate where the information is less sensitive.
you may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In order to withdraw consent, you must provide notice to Great Ideaz in writing.
Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
At present, Great Ideaz uses Stripe for payment services. Stripe’s privacy policies are available at stripe.ca
In the event your Personal Information is disclosed to a third party pursuant to a business transaction, Great Ideaz will ensure that it has entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is related to those purposes that relate to the transaction.
Subject to the foregoing, only Great Ideaz’s and Great Ideaz’s Suppliers’ employees and contractors with a business need to know, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to Personal Information about Great Ideaz’s users. All such employees will be required as a condition of employment to contractually respect the confidentiality of Great Ideaz’s users’ Personal Information.
Great Ideaz will retain Personal Information for only as long as required to fulfill the identified purposes or as required by law. Personal Information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous according to the guidelines and procedures established by Great Ideaz.
Great Ideaz will disclose Personal Information without your knowledge or consent if Great Ideaz receives an order, subpoena, warrant or other legal requirement issued by a court, tribunal, regulator or other person with jurisdiction to compel disclosure of your Personal Information. If Great Ideaz receives a written request from a police officer or other law enforcement agency with authority to request access to your Personal Information in the course of an actual or potential investigation into a breach of a law, Great Ideaz’s policy is to provide the requested information.
Links to Other Services
Storage Outside of Canada
Your Personal Information will not be used or stored by Great Ideaz or Great Ideaz’s service providers outside of Canada. Great Ideaz requires that Great Ideaz’s service providers safeguard your Personal Information.
Children and Minors
Great Ideaz’s Services are not directed to children under the age of 18 years. Great Ideaz will not knowingly collect Personal Information about a child under the age of 18. Great Ideaz does not allow minors (persons who are under the age of majority in their place of residence) to make purchases.
How can I access my Personal Information?
Upon request, Great Ideaz will provide you information regarding the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and you will be given access to that information. Great Ideaz will respond to an application for individual access to Personal Information within a reasonable time and at minimal or no cost to the individual. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
NOTE: In certain circumstances, Great Ideaz may not be able to provide access to all your Personal Information that it holds. Exceptions may include information that is prohibitively costly to provide, information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. Great Ideaz will provide the reasons for denying access upon request.
Great Ideaz protects your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Great Ideaz will protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Great Ideaz’s methods of protection include:
- Physical measures, such as restricted access, both to Great Ideaz’s place of business in general and to internal offices as well;
- Organization measures, such as security clearances and limited access on a need to know basis; and
- Technological measures, such as the use of passwords, firewalls, and encryption.
Inquiries; Challenging Compliance
The Privacy Officer will respond to all such inquiries or complaints within 14 days of receipt. The Privacy Officer will make reasonable efforts to resolve all such complaints within 30 days of receipt of the initial complaint. If Great Ideaz finds a complaint to be justified, it will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending its policies and procedures.
For more information, please contact Great Ideaz’s Privacy Office as follows:
Great Ideaz on Demand Inc.
8 Alexis Rd.
Markham, ON L3T 6Z2